Screw actuators: characteristics and use
Screw actuators are very compact precision systems that are incorporated in a loadbearing frame in a U-profile:
- a linear guide to support weights
- dedicated ball screws to counteract axial thrust and determine position
- pair of angular contact bearings for the screw support
Maximum compactness is due to the slide that incorporates:
- recirculating ball screws
- guide recirculating balls
- the upper part is complete with holes to directly fasten the moving element
Ball screws are provided in various pitches to suit different applications, for example:
- recirculating ball screws with a short pitch for high positioning precision
- recirculating ball screws with a long pitch for high speed and acceleration
IKO, NSK, Kuroda and PMI provide screw actuators in various configurations and specifications. Screw actuator components are generally available from factory stocks. Once configured, actuator components are cut to size, processed and assembled within reasonable timescales to meet customer requirements.
Our commercial department is available to respond to any request. Contact us and we will guide you on the correct choice for your requirements, advising you on the best component and brand in terms of precision, performance and duration for a specific application.